Georgian Splendour and Victorian Gems: South-East Dublin city highlights
Tour Dublin’s elegant South Georgian Core, including Dawson, Kildare and Molesworth Streets. Discover elegant 18th and 19th-century churches and townhouses, libraries and museums, a Georgian ballroom, a highly cryptic Masonic hall, decorative art, literary history and much, much more.
This tour brings you around a selection of superb historic buildings in this gracious district of Dublin, with its elegant 18th and 19th-century buildings, aristocratic clubhouses, townhouses and plutocratic mansions. We will explore:
- Dawson, Kildare and Molesworth Streets
- and elegant St Stephen’s Green.
- the National Museum and Library
- Masonic Hall
- Lord Mayors House
- Georgian Ball Room
- a superb 1930’s Government departmental office block in Art Deco style
- Wonderful 19th-century Neo-Byzantine church
- There is plenty of social, political and literary history along the way
- We sometimes end up in a tiny 19th-century chemist shop, speaking about James Joyce
- Tour Route: 2 – 2.6 km (approx)
- Tour time: 2 hours (approx)
- Price: please hit the green “Book Now” button and input your date and guest numbers. The price will depend on your number of guests.
- below, images and details from some of our Dublin Decoded guided walking tours in the South East quarter of Dublin City Centre.