A Walk around the Liberties,
The liberties is Dublin’s historic, beating heart, sometimes decrepit, sometimes inspirational, always full of history and interest. Our tour includes..
- Smock Alley Theatre, and Dublin’s Viking Wall
- Grattan Bridge and the 1600s quays in the time of Ormonde
- Christ Church and fragments of Dublin’s medieval past, Vikings and Normans.
- City Hall, a Georgian Masterpiece
- Cork Hill (if stones could talk)
- Dublin Castle, pomp and power.
- Dublin’s medieval Wall
- St Patrick cathedral
- Into the Liberties
- 1800s social housing
- Nicholas of Myra Chruch
- an abandoned Victorian Market
- Bustling Francis Street and Meath Street
- SS Augustone and St John
- Thomas Street and the Slí Mor
- then either St Audoen’s churches and Audoen’s park and gate.
- Or the Guinness district.
This tour is run as a public tour from 2- 4 times per year, when, like all our public tours, it’s naturally open to all. If any of these “A Walk around the Liberties ” tours are currently scheduled, then they will appear in the listings on our Public Tours Page. If you live in Dublin, and are primarily interested in our Public tours, then by far the best way to hear about them is to sign up to the monthly newsletter.
Alternatively, we also offer and run the tour as a private activity for your own, private group, on a date of your own choosing. Please use the green button to select your date and to book your own private Liberties tour. Thank you.
above: images and details from some of our Guided walking tours around Dublin Liberties district.